WELCOME

I like to write; it's a fact that I'd almost forgotten during these last few topsy turvy years as a grad student. I have a journal that I write in, so why have I decided to try my hand at blogging? Why would anyone care about what I have to say? What weighs so heavily on my soul that it must be penned? I don't have the answers to those questions, but I do know that I've been touched (not necessarily in a profound way...perhaps it was just a laugh or a thought that made me pause) by several blogs/articles/writings in which people were just sharing their feelings, discussing situations and providing a glimpse to the things they deem important. I may not know those people or may have never had such intimate conversations with them, but their words provided something I needed at a particular place and time. I often wonder if it's vain to think that something I write could touch somebody. Maybe it is, but if I never publish I'd never know. Besides all that, this blog provides me an outlet to discuss and share random stuff that I find cool. So that's why I'm here...Welcome!!!








Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Marimekko Fabric


Madison Wisconsin Collection


I fell in love with the display fabric at Crate and Barrel. It was beautiful. It was stunning.

I am becoming a firm believer in only surrounding myself with things I absolutely adore, and I would like my new digs to reflect this design mantra. I adore the fabric and the vibrant hues are absolutely me.

I immediately asked the sales associate the origins of the fabric and whether I could purchase it. I was informed that the fabric was by Marimekko, a Finnish design company and that the particular print I was interested in was not sold in Crate and Barrel stores. I was given the number for the Marimekko store in NYC and the website. I've called the store and requested that let me know when the fabric becomes available. I would love to use this fabric to create a large canvas centerpiece for my living room. It fits in perfectly with my design scheme "Fun, Funky, Functional with a hint of Scandinavian Modern"

Here are some other Marimekko's fabrics:

Sirkku 101 Blue


Melooni Collection


Siirtolapuutarha (Sold at Ikea)

No comments:

Post a Comment